Meet Our Team
Board of Directors
Saginaw City Council
Rev. Wallace H. Mayton
Match Coordinator – Isabella County:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Great Lakes Bay Region is seeking a new Community Based Mentoring Match Coordinator for at-risk youth in Isabella County.
POSITION SUMMARY: This full-time position changes the lives of at-risk youth through extensive case management and making and supporting 1-to-1 matches between vetted adult volunteers and children. This works requires a high degree of independent judgement and following stringent standards and practices. Key focus areas include child safety, creating positive impacts for youth, fostering constructive and satisfying relationships, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS. Position will be based out of our Mt Pleasant, MI office, but will cover the Great Lakes Bay Region of Isabella, Midland, Bay and Saginaw counties.
REPORTS TO: Director of Mentoring Programs
- Follow-up with all volunteer and enrollment inquiries quickly and efficiently.
- Conduct volunteer enrollments, which include: individual orientations, interviews, home visits, checking references, and performing background checks.
- Facilitate client enrollments including: parent/child interviews, child safety education, home visits and therapeutic inquiries.
Assess and refer families for additional services as needed.
- Make match recommendations and facilitate the match kick-off meeting.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures.
- Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children, and their families. Serve as a mandatory reporter for any suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Review enrollment information, provide written comprehensive assessment and make recommendations for participation in the program.
- Record all match support, enrollment and communication in the AIM database according to BBBSA and agency standards.
- Continually assess the match relationship focusing on: child safety, match relationship, positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction.
- Work with supervisor and team to implement best-practice tactics, tools and training to empower volunteers to meet the individual and ongoing needs of their mentee.
- Identify real and/or potential problems and barriers, address and resolve immediately.
- Provide training and resources for all participants.
- Ensure all pre- and post-surveys are completed in a timely manner to measure the impact taking place and program effectiveness.
- Identify and promote re-engagement of volunteers and youth. Conduct re-assessment updates as needed for youth or volunteers.
- Participate in agency volunteer recruitment efforts and actively engage in agency events & fundraisers.
Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in social services, human services or related field. Prior experience with a youth-serving organization preferred. Must have excellent communication, conflict management and interpersonal skills. Relates effectively with diverse groups of people from varied social and economic segments of the region. Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
BENEFITS: 403(b) with Employer Match, Generous Paid Time Off, Health Insurance (with Health Savings Account option), Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance.
HOW TO APPLY: Send your resume and cover letter to Jenny Oswald, Director of Mentoring Programs, at email@example.com
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Thursday, September 30, 2021.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFO: BBBS is following CDC and MIOSHA guidance for keeping offices clean, keeping all staff and visitors safe, and limiting in-person meetings. Candidates are encouraged to discuss COVID-19 safety concerns during the interview process.